- - Building Technology, including Structures, Material and Fabrication
- - Environmental Sustainability and Green Architecture
- - Digital Design and Fabrication Methods
- - History and Theory of Architecture
- - Urban Design
- - Architectural and Urban Conservation
Successful candidates will be expected to teach graduate and undergraduate level courses, including design studios, supervise Master’s theses and Ph.D. dissertations, conduct cutting-edge research, participate in faculty and Technion activities and contribute to an effective and stimulating environment for learning and research. Rank will be determined in accordance with the candidate’s record. Prior knowledge of Hebrew is not required, as teaching may be conducted in English.
About the Technion and the Program in Architecture and Urban design
The Technion is the leading Israeli research university in science and technology. Founded in 1924, the program in Architecture and Urban Design is the oldest one in Israel and the only program that has been accredited by the Council for Higher Education to grant Ph.D. degrees in Architecture and Urban Design. The program is committed to excellence and leadership in teaching and research, befitting the 21st century.
The university is located on Mount Carmel in Haifa, a pleasant city in the Northern part of Israel with extensive high-tech industry and breathtaking views. The city offers excellent housing and quality of life as well as ample research opportunities.
For more information about the Faculty of Architecture and Town Planning at the Technion, please visit our web site at: http://architecture.technion.ac.il/
Applicants should submit the following materials in both electronic and hard copy:
- 1. Letter of interest describing the research areas, teaching experience and future interests.
- 2. Curriculum vitae including list of publications.
- 3. Names and contacts of three potential referees.
The review process will start on December 31, 2011 and will continue until the positions are filled. Applications should be submit to Prof. Iris Aravot at email@example.com .
Faculty of Architecture and Town Planning
Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
Haifa, Israel 32000