- buy generic premarin out of usa
- article in respect of t-ject 60 without prescription
- answers comparatively cheap bentyl among new jersey
- clonidine online stores out of mexico
- order tindamax in iowa
- sites relatively cheap compazine out montana
- reviews in reference to buy dexamethasone without prescription
- review as regards generic cephalexin in nebraska
Transcending Architecture: Aesthetics and Ethics of the Numinous
School of Architecture and Planning — The Catholic University of America
October 6-8, 2011
Architecture is called to do a lot more than to guarantee the public health, safety and welfare of building users. In fact, the promise of architecture begins fulfillment when such expectations have been met and transcended. In an age obsessed with speed, consumerism, technology, immediacy, and quantity, an architecture that transcends constitutes a radical and risky act of love and compassion born out of a spiritual and cultural awakening.
This symposium will consider the aesthetics and ethics that move us from the ordinary to the extraordinary, from the profane to the sacred. Far from avoiding the charged issues of subjectivity, society and intangibility, we will examine the phenomenological, symbolic, and designerly ways in which the holy gets fixed and transmitted through architecture. A remarkable group of presenters will provide attendees with ample opportunities for intellectual, spiritual, and professional growth. Confirmed speakers include Juhani Pallasmaa, Karsten Harries, Thomas Barrie, Karla Britton, Michael Crosbie, Lindsay Jones, Rebecca Krinke, and Maged Senbel.
For more information, visit: http://www.sacred-space.net/symposium>
Julio Bermudez, Ph.D.
The Catholic University of America
School of Architecture and Planning
Crough Center of Architectural Studies
620 Michigan Ave NE
Washington, DC 20064
(202) 319-5755 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (202) 319-5755 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (phone)
“yield and overcome, bend and be straight”