The 29th conference on Education and Research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe (eCAADe) is planned for 21-24 September 2011. It starts with the worshops two days before the conference (19-20 September 2011). We cordially invite you to participate in the conference which will be held in Ljubljana.
Respecting Fragile Places
The main topics of the conference are recognition, development and encouragement of virtual space design which in a consequence respect the problematic of sensitive and even fragile places of our physical and virtual surroundings.
* How do we define the levels of fragility either in physical or in virtual space, or in any fluid architectural endeavours?
* How do we respect the diversity of spatial fragility levels while introducing new design interventions?
* What can be defined as a (eCAADe-) sensitive / responsive / responsible design intervention?
* How to develop physical and virtual laboratories for sensitive / responsive / responsible design interventions?
* How to promote sensitive / responsive / responsible design interventions as members of eCAADe and related communities?
* What is the future of physical and virtual environments, requiring the most sensitive and responsible design interventions?
These are just a few questions which will be addressed at our next eCAADe conference which will take place in September 2011 in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Topics include but are not limited to:
Design Tool Development
Digital Aids to Design Creativity
Information/Knowledge Architecture & BIM
Generative and Parametric Design
Modes of Production
New Design Concepts and Strategies
Precedence and Prototypes
Research, Education and Practice
Simulation, Visualization, Prediction and Evaluation
Tools for Construction and Production
User Participation in Design
Deadline for abstract submissions is February 1st, 2011.
For more information, please visit
http://www.fa.uni-lj.si/ecaade2011 or contact email@example.com
We are looking forward to your participation at eCAADe 2011.
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Architecture Organizing Team
– Apologies for multi-posting -
– Please forward this call for papers to your colleagues -