Call for papers
The First Built Environment Development Symposium:
Real Estate and Housing sustainability
College of Architecture and Planning, University of Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in collaboration with the Commerce Chamber, Eastern province
The Scientific Committee of the Symposium invites researchers and interested professionals to submit abstracts regarding real estate development, housing development and sustainability. This can be through the following themes:
- Concepts of “real estate” and “sustainable housing development” and their interrelationships.
- Real estate development and sustainable housing development process on various levels (i.e. strategic planning, regional planning, urban planning, urban design, architectural design, interior design, materials and construction technology)
- Real estate education, teaching and learning methods and techniques
- Specific laws and regulations that control real estate development process and its impact on achieving sustainable real estate and housing development.
- The economics of real estate development: sustainable real estate market mechanisms. Alternative economic mechanisms and tools for housing provision and finance, and real estate’s investment.
- Experiences: success/ failure in achieving the concept of “sustainable real estate and housing development” in the KSA and around world.
§ First Call for abstracts 5th June 2010
§ Deadline for abstract submission 30th June 2010
§ Notification of abstract acceptance 10th July 2010
§ Deadline for Full paper submission [will be determined later]
§ Notification of full paper acceptance [will be determined later]
§ Deadline for submission of revised papers according to the referees comments [will be determined later]
§ Dates of the Symposium 25-27 October 2010
Submission and Languages
For full details about the symposium, please visit the symposium web site at:
For submission format and language, please follow the link: http://www.bedsym.org/eng/(S(zwv2izr23iyael45eyrnqy55))/Empty.aspx?ID=693
IMPORTANT Note: please do not show the author name or details in the abstract
To submit an abstract, please follow the link: