- find info with respect to flagyl sale
- review in regard to glucophage no prescription out michigan
- ventolin online stores of nevada
- tips relatively zofran online stores
- ask as regards clonidine sale among virginia
- find info with respect to savella no prescription out australia
- sites in regard to buy tizanidine online
- article with respect to order propecia
- reviews with respect to purchase vibramycin online of montana
- blogs comparatively methotrexate online stores among alaska
- reviews with respect to buy premarin without prescription
How would you like to shape and take part in a conference where the main activity is to explore by listening, talking and questioning (conversing) rather than listen to, and give, prepared lectures; and where the aim is to move forward, taking next steps as a result of these conversations, rather than reporting on the already discovered? In other words, go to a conference where the intention is to move forward by conferring.
That is the central feature of our conference—a conference of conversation, of listening, talking, and questioning. Of open minds, and delight in the un-thought-of.
And what better way to make an interesting conversation than to bring together people whose backgrounds and interests are different, yet who want to learn by listening to others, to find what can be shared? In other words, to transcend boundaries.
So we bring together practitioners and theorists who wish to explore across boundaries, from 4 different subjects. But not just any 4 subjects. Subjects that already hold conversations together in pairs: cybernetics; art; design; mathematics. With all 4 together, we have a wider conversation, greater variety.
Our 4 subjects have a special quality in common. Each is used to comment, throw light on and inform other subjects. Perhaps mathematics is the most obvious case: a subject in its own right that is used everywhere to illuminate (and make operable) other subjects. But also a subject that can comment on itself: a subject which is a meta-subject, even to itself.
Our conference is surrounded by 3 other, related events. Look on the web site, chose what you like, and come and join us at the Experimental Media & Performing Arts Center at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York, from the evening of July 30 to late afternoon on August 2, with surrounding events on July 29 and 30, and August 3 to 5.
You can visit us at http://www.asc-cybernetics.org/2010
Cybernetics: Art, Design, Mathematics—A Meta-Disciplinary Conversation is a joint project of the American Society for Cybernetics, and the Experimental Media & Performing Arts Center and Department of Architecture, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.